Ballinacourty (@1.36) vs Kilrossanty (@3.75)

Our Prediction:

Ballinacourty will win

Ballinacourty – Kilrossanty Match Prediction | 13-09-2019 15:30

Clinton struck 1-5 while Wayne was also available for possession and composed when on it. He put in a serious work shift through the centre. Ardmores youngsters Daniel Power, Tom Power, James Kennedy, Tomas Conway, John Gartland, Michael Cronin and Seamus Keating all played well Gartland in particular showing good in midfield. However, it was the contribution of Wayne Hennessey and Clinton Hennessey that proved key. He was a key link in the supply line between Ardmores defence and attack.

They meet for the first time in the championship but have already met this yearin Division 4 of the Allianz Football League with Waterford winning by 4-7 to1-12 in Aughrim on March 4. Three first half goals from Mark Ferncombe setWaterford on their way to a 3-6 to 0-5 lead and while Wicklow battled back in the second half, they had left themselves with too much to do.

Following a Shane Ryan goal scoring opportunity, an unsighted Declan Hickey made a good 57th minute save from Darren Guiry before Conor Gleesons third point added further to the final moments of tension. A left legged pointed free by Brian Wall in the 59th minute, who along with Thomas O Gorman were now in the front line, reduced the deficit to the minimum. It was back to the wall stuff for the winners and they coped better than a lot of other teams would to confine the Champions to a further 0-2,(1f).

He set the tone for his teams intentions within 30 seconds of the affair when he pointed off inter-county full-back Thomas OGorman and he continued to dictate that affair. OHalloran was a constant thorn in the side of Nires defence in Round One as his turn of pace, strength on the ball and wielding left leg proved a major weapon throughout the night.

Bet 20 Get 20 free bet

With Brian OHalloran, Tadhg de Brca, Cillian OKeefe and Paul OConnor in top form and Sean Fleming yet to make a starting return to the team, Clashmore/Kinsalebeg could be in for a very strong 2015 campaign. Their defence and composure in the final 15 minutes was top class and the grit and determination shown by players such as Sean and Ciaran Bourke and Aidan Trihy was fierce. After enduring a woeful 2014 campaign, Clashmore/Kinsalebeg lay down a marker of intent with an inspired and dogged win over Nire. Two goals near half-time set them on their way and they built on that foundation early in the second half.

Nire will be disappointed to lose their winning sequence in the Waterford championship and they will recover but, like all dual clubs, they will have to manage the involvement at Senior level in both. The big task for Clashmore after this noticeable success is to bring consistency into their performances and if they can achieve this, they will be around when the real business end of the championship commences.

They hit 4-12 and had 15 miscued chances too. Gary Hurney hit 1-3. What impressed the most was the selflessness showed by each player. Their forwards found space ridicoulosuly easy throughout. Hurneys running cut through Rathgormack like a knife through butter. They won the midfield battle with Conor Prunty standing out in his full debut. Ferncombe played at centre-forward but drifted into space so easily and scoring positions. Brian Looby manned his position well. They always chose to work the ball to the player in a better position and that is how they walked through for their four goals. Shane Briggs shut down Gavin Nugent and set the tone early by galloping up to the 21 yard line to get on the ball and set up Mark Ferncombe for the opening score of the game. While OHalloran showed a great engine to cover distance between defence and attack effortlessly and kicked three long range points. Their running game pulled and picked apart Rathgormack. Ballinacourty were simply devastating. Shane ODonovan struck 3-1. Rathgormack played with extra men back but Ballinacourty could unlock them easily or could be accurate from distance. Ballinacourtys inter-county half-forward line of Michael OHalloran, Patrick Hurney and Ferncombe were the real standout performers.

With only one point to their name in the first half Kilrossanty rallied midway through the half with three unanswered points to draw level. They fell behind again before David Power was red carded leaving them with just 14 men on the field. But rather than sink Kilrossanty reeled off a further three unanswered points and saw out a one point win against back-to-back semi-finalists in 2013 and 2014 An Rinn. This is the first time since 2010 that Kilrossanty have won both opening matches in the championship and, given the opponents and circumstances they faced on Sunday, this win will give the team great confidence as they begin to settle under the impact of new management. Kilrossanty showed great character and mental strength to finally beat An Rinn, nearly a decade after the Blue and Golds promotion to the senior ranks.

Midfield was harnessed well by Ardmore pairing Seamus Keating and David Gartland while they didnt have enough firepower close to goal to threaten. However, they completely lost their blueprints in the second half and didnt register a score until the 56th minute after Ardmore had already surpassed them in the 51st minute. Their defence was sluggish on possession and slow to move it. They hit six scores in-a-row with the wind at their backs to take a half-time lead of 1-7 to 0-4. De La Salle played with 13 men behind the ball but didnt play with enough tenacity and ferocity to implement it correctly.


The tournament consists of 12 teams, with the winner going on to represent Waterford in the Munster Senior Club Football Championship. The 2016 Waterford Senior Football Championship was the 129th edition of the Waterford GAA's premier club Gaelic football tournament for senior graded clubs in County Waterford, Ireland. The championship starts with a seeded group stage and then progresses to a knock out stage.

Jason Curry kicked six scores in the opening half, some of them expertly converted frees. Willie Hahessey showed good determination. Rathgormack started this contest well and even after conceding two goals in the first half they came back strong on both occassions to stay on Courtys coattails at the half-time break, 2-5 to 0-7. Gavin Nugent was clearly not 100% fit as he rarely showed for the ball and not having their marquee forward at full strength further hindered their prospects. Ballinacourty racked up 1-3 within five minutes of the restart and put the contest to bed. Conor Murray showed good energy, movement, trickery and ball handling. Dean Kirwan impressed at times in the first half showing good tenacity. Ultimately their inability to get a foothold at midfield combined with the ease at which Ballinacourty picked open their defence was the downfall of the Comeragh men.

Then Kilrossanty appeared to have the game wrapped up in stoppage but Whyte blazed a 21 yard free from the ground high and off the post. Mulhearne then denied a rampaging O Lonain before Ferdia O hAodha fired over on 57 minutes. Another mini-scuffle erupted in Kilrossantys defence that took some time to defuse and ended with a flurry of yellow cards.

In the second half, quick alertness and tenacious pressure by Paul OConnor caused Nire hearts to once again skip a beat as the short kick-out put them under more pressure. 5. Nire persisted with their varied kick-out game that involved the occasional short kick-out to a defender. Still, Clashmore/Kinsalebegs goal followed closely as Nire worked that resultant free out the wing by the 45 and were turned over, from which the challengers scored their first goal. First in the 21st minute but after being turned over of possession from the short kick-out referee Tommy OSullivan deemed Thomas OGorman to have been fouled. Twice this nearly caught them out.

Two of those chances came from De La Salle errors after short kick-outs while one long range effort nearly bounced over goalkeeper David Dennisons head and in under the crossbar. In the end, Ardmore settled into the contest after the break and looked the better team during the final 30 minutes. In fact, they had five goal chances in total during the game, Hennesseys the only one they converted. Both goalkeepers had shaky moments as well when it came to judging restartswith De La Salle in particular gifting Ardmore the ball from short kick-outs. The Round Tower side worked a great team goal at the start of the second half that Clinton Hennessey dispatched to net. The Ardmore vs De La Salle game was an error strewn encounter. Both teams were slow to settle and both defences in particular were guilty of poor handling, passing possession to the opposition or missing interceptions. Meanwhile, De La Salles goal came when Sean Barron rushed his line out toward the 14 but failed to get to a high ball ahead of Lee Hayes who fisted to an unguarded net.